*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
This week’s menu is built around my Eat What You’ve Got Challenge. All the meals and snacks are based on what we’ve already got in our pantry, fridge and freezer.
Eat What You’ve Got Menu
I started the Eat What You’ve Got Challenge after being frustrated about all the food we end up wasting in our house, which also equates to wasted money. The last step of the challenge (you can join the challenge below to get all the details) is to create a menu for the week using only food you already have.
Going through my fridge, freezer & pantry I came across some things I didn’t even know we had. It was also a great opportunity to clean out any expired food.
Here are some notes on what I came up with for my Eat What You’ve Got Menu:
- Pancakes- I made them last week and froze the extras
- Banana Apple Muffins- I made them last week and froze the extras
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders- I plan to use frozen chicken nuggets, leftover Hawaiian rolls I froze from Thanksgiving, leftover spaghetti sauce from last week’s spaghetti, shredded & parmesan cheese we have in the fridge
- Bean & Meat Burritos- I plan to use leftover taco meat, beans, tortillas from the freezer, shredded cheese and maybe salsa
- Lasagna Soup / Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya – frozen leftovers
- Chicken Quesadilla- frozen rotisserie chicken, frozen corn tortillas, shredded cheddar
- Chicken & Artichoke Pizza- can of artichoke hearts, frozen pizza crust, shredded mozzarella
- Christmas Snack Mix- using some of the ingredients from my Thanksgiving Snack Mix, I’ll be sharing the recipe in my newsletter – subscribe here
I actually had fun getting creative with my menu this week. I also feel good knowing we are wasting less food by using what we have and saving money at the same time.
Join The Eat What You’ve Got Challenge
Printable Weekly Menu
The weekly menu is a word doc so you can download and make changes to suit your needs. Just click on the image below to download, edit and print.