*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Since cauliflower seems to be the new kale my husband requested I add more cauliflower recipes to our menu. Hence the inspiration for this Easy Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice. The best part is he & my son didn’t even know it was cauliflower.
This recipe checks all the boxes. It’s healthy, low-carb, easy, fast and delicious!
According to Healthline cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable. It is low in calories and high in vitamins & nutrients. Cauliflower is also high in fiber which promotes digestive health. As a good source of antioxidants this versatile veggie also prevents inflammation.
Cauliflower Rice is made by grating or chopping cauliflower florets in a food processor. It’s really simple to make but I’m always looking for ways to save time so I grabbed pre-made cauliflower rice from the grocery store.
Pre-packaged shortcuts means this meal comes together in just a few minutes without a lot of prep work. It’s a perfect weeknight meal. Let me know if your family can tell the difference.
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- Frozen Peeled & Deveined Shrimp (thawed)
- 16 oz Riced Cauliflower
- 5 oz Matchstick Carrots
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Ginger
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Cook shrimp until done. About 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside & cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger.
- Heat sesame oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Move carrots to side of skillet and add in the beaten eggs.
- Scramble eggs until cooked then mix with carrots.
- Stir in riced cauliflower and soy sauce mixture.
- Cook for about 5-8 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- Add shrimp and serve!
If you’re following 80 Day Obsession, 21 Day Fix, LIIFT4 or any other Beachbody program with container counts, a serving of this Easy Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice equals 1 Red, 1 Green and 1 tsp.