*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Having a meal plan is useless if you don’t have time to make the meals you’ve planned. Check out these tips for easy school night meals and see what is on this week’s menu.
Easy School Night Meals
If you’ve got school-aged kids you know how busy week nights can be. Here are a few ideas for easy school night meals.
- Slow Cooker Meals– Ever dreamed of walking into your house after a busy day and dinner’s ready. Well that’s what happens when you use a slow cooker. Simply put your ingredients in the slow cooker the night before and dinner is ready by the time you get home. I highly suggest setting a calendar reminder so you don’t forget to plug-in or turn on your slow cooker. Nothing is more disappointing than forgetting to turn on the slow cooker.
- Sheet Pan Meals– I love the ease of a sheet pan meal. You can prep everything the night before. Everything cooks at once in the oven so you can do other things while dinner cooks like homework with kids. Sheet pan meals are also easy to clean up after. I suggest covering your sheet pan in foil to make clean up quick & easy.
- No Cook Meals– No time to cook when you get home or eating dinner on the go? No cook meals like sandwiches & salads are a great idea.
- Breakfast– Everyone loves breakfast for dinner. If you make pancakes or waffles on the weekend be sure to make extra and freeze them for an easy weeknight meal. Eggs scramble up really quickly. Cereal for dinner is always an option too. Just be sure to choose a low-sugar option.
- Leftovers– We have a built-in leftover night every week. It’s usually Thursday but you can move it around based on your schedule.
WEEKLY LIVE MEAL PLANNING
Check out this week’s live meal planning video.
Be sure to join the Healthy Meal Planning, Easy Recipes & Beachbody Support group on Facebook and turn on notifications to be alerted when I go live. Click the link to join now.
PRINTABLE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN
The weekly meal plan is a word doc so you can download and make changes to suit your needs. Just click on the image below to download, edit and print. You can find templates for all Portion Fix Meal Plans (A-F) in the Resource Library.