*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
With school and sports back in full swing it’s important to make sure you meal plan around your activities. Check out my tips for meal planning around activities and what is on this week’s meal plan.
Meal Planning Around Activities
It happens to us all. You’ve put together the perfect meal plan and instead of enjoying your perfectly planned meals you find yourself in the drive-thru lane after an evening practice or school event. We’ve all been there.
The key to staying on track with your meal plan is making sure you meal plan around activities. Here’s how to do it:
- Use a Meal Plan Template- You can find meal plan templates for a variety of eating plans in the What’s Working Here Resource Library.
- Write the date and day of the week on your meal plan template.
- Add any activities you have going on for each day.
- Plan your meals based on the activities you have listed on your meal plan. Remember to account for the time it takes to prepare the meal.
- Add any notes to your calendar to help you plan ahead. For example, slow cooker meals are a great idea for busy nights but only if you remember to start the slow cooker.
Live Meal Planning Video
Check out this week’s meal plan video and see how I plan around activities.
Be sure to join the Healthy Meal Planning, Easy Recipes & Beachbody Support group on Facebook and turn on notifications to be alerted when I go live. Click the link to join now.
Printable Weekly Meal Plan
The weekly meal plan is a word doc so you can download and make changes to suit your needs. Just click on the image below to download, edit and print. Meal Plan Templates can be found for plans A-E in the What’s Working Here Resource Library.