*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Check out this week’s family friendly meal plan following Portion Fix.
I’ve had so many people tell me they struggle following a nutrition plan like Portion Fix because they don’t want to have to cook separate meals for themselves and their family. The good news is the food you eat while following Portion Fix is just regular food your family can eat too!
Now are there certain recipes my son, especially when he was younger, didn’t particularly like. Yes, of course! Kids can be picky and stubborn. The best way to expand what they will eat is get them to try new things. If you’re having trouble getting your kids to eat what you eat check out this post I wrote on How to Get Kids to Eat Healthy. You can also check out my Adventures in Eating Food Tracker for Kids (or adults).
Looking at this week’s menu let’s break down how you might modify for kids:
- Shakeology– My son does drink Shakeology, he loves chocolate. You could also sub in Daily Sunshine for younger children.
- Egg & Spinach Wrap or Omelet – My son does like eggs so I will usually do scrambled eggs with toast for him. On school mornings we do have some frozen grab & go breakfast sandwiches.
- Carrots, Peaches, Tomato Melt, Apple– All pretty much things my son likes. We also have things like popcorn & goldfish on hand for after school snacks. Instead of the tomato melt I might do grape tomatoes and a cheese stick.
- Chili – We make our chili into Frito Pies and top with cheese. My son loves it.
- Turkey Burgers – I wasn’t sure he was going to like these but he requested we have turkey burgers over regular from now on.
- Chicken Fajita Bowl – I can’t say he’s a big fan of the onions and bell peppers so I usually make him a fajita with chicken and cheese wrapped in a tortilla.
- Swedish Meatball Stroganoff– What kid doesn’t like pasta & meatballs?!?
So as you can see, all of the meals on the meal plan work for both kids and adults. While you may need a few tweaks here and there you can certainly feed your family the same thing you’re eating and still stay on plan.
Live Weekly Meal Planning
Check out this week’s live meal planning video. Also, I have a correction to make. In the video I say the Fixate Swedish Meatball Recipe is on Beachbody on Demand, it is not. It’s in the FIXATE2 Cookbook. The FIXATE2 Cookbook is included with the Ultimate Portion Fix program. You can now also purchase FIXATE2 through Beachbody.
Be sure to join the Healthy Meal Planning, Easy Recipes & Beachbody Support group on Facebook and turn on notifications to be alerted when I go live. Click the link to join now.
Printable Weekly Meal Plan
The weekly meal plan is a word doc so you can download and make changes to suit your needs. Just click on the image below to download, edit and print. You can find templates for all Portion Fix Meal Plans (A-F) , including carb-cycling plans, in the Resource Library.