*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Smoothies are a quick & easy way to get a healthy meal in. If you check out my Weekly Menu you will see that we have a smoothie made with Shakeology for breakfast every day during the week. It’s taken some time to get our smoothies just right. That’s why I’m sharing some tips to help you learn how to make the best smoothies and fix some of the problems you may be running into.
5 Tips For The Best Smoothies
- Add water or juice when a smoothie is too thick to thin it out
- Add ice or frozen fruit when a smoothie is watery to thicken it up
- Add banana or avocado to make a smoother smoothie
- Add milk to make a creamier smoothie that tastes like a milkshake
- Drink your smoothie with a straw to avoid sipping foam
Bonus Tip: Hide Veggies in your smoothie. If you have trouble getting enough vegetables in your diet smoothies are a great way to get them in. The best part is you won’t even taste them! I like to add fresh spinach or frozen riced cauliflower to give my smoothies a nutrient boost.
Smoothie Making Tools
We use a NutriBullet to blend our smoothies. I love how quick & easy it is to make and clean up.
I usually make my smoothie first, pour it in a cup, then make my husband’s which he drinks straight from the blender cup. They come with handy lids so he can take it to work with him without spilling.
My Favorite Smoothie Recipes
Here are some of my favorite smoothie recipes using Shakeology. While you can just shake it up in a blender bottle it tastes so much better blended like a smoothie. Learn more about Shakeology by reading my post Shakeology: Why I Love It!
- Chocolate Shakeology + 1/2 banana + 1tsp peanut butter + ice + water
- Vanilla Shakeology + 1 cup coffee + ice
- Vanilla Shakeology + 1/2 banana + 1/2 V8 Energy + ice + water