*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Baseball season is in full swing here in Texas which means lots of nights spent at the ball fields practicing or playing games. Many of these practices and games fall right around our dinner time. If you know me at all you know I am serious about my mealtimes and snacks (you’ve got to keep fueling your metabolism). So to keep from getting hangry we’ve started to either eat early before heading to the ball field or packing our dinner. Sometimes we’ll stop by Subway or head out of our way for Chick-fil-a but since there is not one on the way home it seems to take so much time and we’ve still got to fit in a bath before it’s time for bed (more about our Bedtime Routine here). I was inspired to start packing dinners to go by my friend who packs the best looking picnic dinners for her family to eat between soccer practice and Awanas.
Today I’m sharing my favorite healthy portable meals to survive whatever crazy practice schedule your family my have. For more on healthy meal planning check out my post on Meal Planning in 3 Easy Steps.
- Tuna Roll-Up (P90X)- Make the tuna salad as directed below, or I prefer apples and pickles in my tuna salad, then roll-up into a wheat tortilla with sprouts and diced tomatoes. We usually have apple slices or grapes on the side.
- Bagel Sandwich (Insanity) – The Insanity meal plan calls for tomato juice as a side. Carrot or other veggie sticks are good as well.
- Dijon Chicken Pocket (T25) – Sometimes I like to add a little pineapple to my chicken salad and grapes on the side.
- Chicken Ranch Wrap (Insanity)– I like to add a little turkey bacon and avocado for extra flavor and swap out carrot sticks for the celery & red bell pepper.
- Grilled Chicken Burrito (P90X) – Again delicious with a little turkey bacon.What are your go to meals on the go?