*This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something by clicking my link, at no cost to you. Thank you!
So you’ve done all the necessary planning for your Disney World vacation (picked dates, booked a resort, flights, dining reservations and Fastpasses) time to sit back and wait for your magical vacation, or not. Here are 5 more things to help prepare you for your trip.
- Pick-up Disney Themed Items. Before our trip I was on hyper-search for anything Disney themed (Mickey, Star Wars, Pixar, etc.). It even took a few weeks after our trip for the Disney spotting to wear off. I really enjoy following a theme so I picked up a lot of stuff before our trip. I found Mickey shaped vitamins, Mickey band-aids and little Mickey containers at Target. I also read a tip to bring your own glow sticks and necklaces for the fireworks so you’re not tempted to buy one from the park and stocked up on those.
- Order Special Shirts. Again, I love a theme so of course we had to have Mickey shirts. B even talked his dad into wearing one. After planning our itinerary I planned outfits for B to go along with what we’d be doing that day.
- Watch Disney Movies. I liked the idea of B being familiar with the movies the attractions are based on at Disney. I found a couple of lists of must see before you go movies (kcedventures.com, touringplans.com) and combined them into one list. The combined list was a little overwhelming but we managed to make our way through quite a bit of it. It was fun to watch old favorites of mine like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin that B had never seen before.
- Make a Countdown Chain. The anticipation of a vacation is half the fun. We made a paper countdown chain to help B visualize how many more sleeps until our trip. Based on my countdown chain experience is it easier to use a stapler to put the chain together than glue. I cut scrapbook paper into strips, stapled and put a number sticker on each chain.
- Download the My Disney Experience App. This app is awesome! It’s your digital guide to your trip. It’s got park maps, park hours, your FastPass+ reservations, dining reservations, attraction wait times, character locations, show schedules and you can add in additional itinerary notes. You can use the app to change or add FastPass+ options. The park maps even provide you with the little blue dot that tells you where you are so you can figure out if you’re heading in the right direction. Needless to say, we used it a lot! You’ll want to make sure you pack a phone charger in your park bag, it’s a lifesaver.
Now you’re planned, prepped and ready to go! Wait, you can also add “Extra Magic”. More on that next week!